Here’s some fitting/ pattern modification notes on Simplicity 9326 that I recently made. The main thing to note is that I added sleeves to this sleeveless bodice and changed up the skirt. Details below. The fabric is a floral viscose jacquard from Selvedge and Bolts.
- I cut a size 18 for the bodice and graded out at the waist
- I did a 1 inch FBA
- I did a 5/8ths inch forward shoulder adjustment
- I did a 0.5 inch sway back adjustment
- I did initially also add a little to the back/ side back and side seam allowances but ended up removing that from the side seams
- I added puffed sleeves using sleeves from McCalls 7811 (modified to be puffed sleeves), and added 8 rows of shirring to the bottom of the sleeves
- I added a gathered skirt from McCalls 7974 but shortened the length of the skirt by 8 inches and added a ruffle to the bottom
- I added bra strap carriers to the inside to keep the shoulders secure
Overall this is a well drafted pattern. I’ve been looking for a bra friendly square neck dress pattern and I think this is pretty decent. I did make significant modifications to get the look I wanted but I’m happy with what I got.
See you soon!
12 thoughts on “Simplicity 9326 modified: DIY Floral Square Neck Midi Dress”
You have a lovely summer dress! Thanks for sharing.
I LOVE this dress. Very creative on your part.
Welcome back! You are getting very good at creating your own designs. I always enjoy reading about your makes.
Thank you Christine
It is beautiful.
Thank you Kay
Beautiful modifications and fit! I love seeing your work.
I appreciate the details in your blog and I really appreciate your styling for curvy women. All your makes fit you beautifully.